The Mandarina, a 640-acre ultrahigh-end resort development located less than an hour north of Puerto Vallarta (soon to be 30 minutes with the completion of a new highway) is catching the attention of the world’s elite. Construction is in full swing on the 104 room One and Only luxury 5-star hotel, along with 55 private villas, situated in a spectacular jungle setting surrounded by towering mountain peaks, lush flatlands, and the sandy shores of the Pacific Coast.
Designed by renowned Rick Joy Architects, each hotel room is independently situated for maximum privacy, and boasts 900 sq ft of living space. Constructed of exotic Brazilian Cumuru wood throughout, each bungalow includes an infinity-edge plunge pool overlooking either the ocean or jungle canopy, and comes complete with a butler and a fully stocked kitchen. Villa residences range from 8,000 sq ft to 20,000 sq ft and include 4, 5 & 8-bedroom floor plans - all of a low-density design to blend in with the landscape (one home for every 2.4 acres). Unlike the nearby Four Seasons and St. Regis developments, no sub-developments will ever be allowed to be built at the Mandarina.
Residents can enjoy an array of world-class offerings for relaxation, wellness, cuisine, and adventure. The Mandarina was specifically designed for the entire family in mind. Amenities include:
- A diverse offering of 8 gourmet restaurants providing farm to table dining, including one that is Michelin Starred
- 20,000 sq ft open air spa operated by the One and Only Hotel
- Mandarina Polo & Equestrian Club including a tournament sized polo field, a polo lounge, dressage and jumping arenas, horseback riding lessons and more.
- 3 separate beach clubs
- An 85,000 sq ft kids club complete with treehouses, a butterfly sanctuary, nature trail, & nursery.
- A movie theatre and arcade for indoor fun
- The Outpost: a jungle course complete with zip-lines, rappel and rope course and obstacle trail, a sports field, and miles of hiking and biking trails
- Tennis court complex
- 2 golf courses located within a 15-minute drive of the resort
- Jetty/boat dock
- Full-time fully equipped medical staff The asking prices on the Villas is not for the faint of heart: homes range from $5M to $15M. Celebrities and Tech Titans have been quick to purchase homes at the Mandarina. Former pitcher for the San Francisco Giants Mark Melancon recently closed on a home for $9M. 20 homes have sold to date and are actively under construction.
In addition to the One and Only Resort, a Rosewood Hotel, including 65 luxury residences, is also planned for construction at the Mandarina, scheduled for completion in 2022. For more information contact Andy Ardila at The Agency Development Group ardila@ theagencyre.com.
Global Real Estate Advisor